Interested in Adopting a
Rabbit or Two?
House rabbits are the third most popular pet in America.
They are intelligent and affectionate, and enjoy binomo the company of
each other, of people, and quite often, of other pets too! With
proper education and planning, having a rabbit or two around the
house can be a wonderfully rewarding experience.
Rabbits are easily litterbox-trained. The litter should be dust
free, and should never contain pine or cedar, as these can cause
respiratory disease. CareFresh is an excellent choice for litter,
and is available at most pet supply stores.
A healthy rabbit's diet consists of daily quantities of: 1) high-fiber
pellets; 2) fresh greens such as parsley and cilantro (head lettuce
has too much water and can cause diarrhea; carrots are fattening
and should only be given in small quantities as treats); and 3)
fresh hay, such as oat or timothy. Alfalfa hay is too rich in
calcium for an adult rabbit and can cause major health problems.
We can help you find sources for binomo real or fake fresh hay and proper pellets.
All our rabbits are spayed or neutered prior to placement.
If you already have a rabbit, we urge you to do so as well for
your rabbit's health, and to ensure that you do not contribute
to the overpopulation problem.
Before you adopt, we ask you to consider the following:
- Are you ready to make a lifetime (8-12 year) commitment to
a new pet?
- Do you have enough time to properly care for a bunny?
- Do you have a suitable space for bunny in your home where
she will feel safe, and a part of the family?
- Do you have proper housing available? (We can help you select
- Are you willing to bunny-proof your home (covering electrical
- Are the adults in the family willing to be ultimately responsible
for care giving?
- Are you prepared to supervise children and other pets when
bunny is present to ensure bunny's safety?
- Can you afford routine and emergency vet visits as
- Is there a rabbit-savvy vet near you?
- What happens if you decide to move?
- Who will care for bunny while you are on vacation?
We are always happy to answer any questions you may have. If
you would like to adopt one or more of our wonderful bunnies,
please fill out the Adoption Form.